Vertigo

Is CT or MRI necessary for diagnosis of headache and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past eight months or so, I have had some problems with unusual headaches and sort of momentary feelings of lightheadedness, vertigo but it is like everything just shifts for a second instead of spinning. I have a background of stable migraine headache. I have had some face pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been elaborate in providing your medical history and that always helps to form an opinion. Coming to your straightforward query, I really do not see any indication for a fresh brain imaging study like CT (computed tomography) or MRI (magnetic resonance imagi...  Read Full »

What to do for inner ear infection, sinusitis and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have an inner ear infection. I went to the doctor last year and he asked me about my symptoms. I told him and he said I had a viral thing in which he gave me antibiotics to take which I did not take. When I got my summary it is said that I had sinusitis. Now until this day m...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand you have three issues. Sinusitis, for this, take steam inhalation daily for one month. Also, do send me pictures of CT (computed tomography) scan for sinuses. So that I can further suggest what is the treatment or surgery. Fluid in the ear, if it i...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

I have light headedness and my head has been going numb. Do I have intracranial hemorrhage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been lightheaded or unsteady for the last month. My entire head has been going numb a few times and sometimes the sides of my head. I had a cat scan to rule out bleeding, and it was negative, but I feel like I should get an MRI to check. Do you think I could have an intracrania...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have the paroxysmal symptom of vertigo possibly secondary to labyrinthine dysfunction. Did you have symptoms of upper respiratory illness recently? There is no need to panic as it is not related to bleed inside your brain. If symptoms persist, you can start...  Read Full »

Can cervical spondylosis cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with severe dizziness. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to give you a better treatment plan, I would like to know few more details. Are you a male or female? What is your age? Since when are you suffering from dizziness? And how severe it is? Do you have any vertigo? Or any history of visual or sle...  Read Full »

MRI shows thecal sac indentation at C5 - C6. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My MRI scan report shows: Right central disc protrusion causing minimal thecal sac indentation which is seen just abutting the spinal cord at C5-C6 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C6-C7 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C4-C...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows there may be a minimal indentation of the thecal sac at cervical 5 and 6 vertebrae, and mild indentation at few other cervical levels due to a disc prolapse, w...  Read Full »

Can Metmax injection be used for head spinning?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is having some neurological problem. She is normal, but at times she feel uneasy and head spinning. We have consulted with a doctor since one year and a few days back for the same issue her doctor prescribed Metmax injection to be taken one per day for the next five days. But, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Metmax injection is basically a vitamin B supplement. It is suppose to help with forgetfulness and other neurogenic symptoms, if they are because of vitamin B deficiency. As such there is no harm in taking it. But, if she is so much sleepy, then you can stop the injection...  Read Full »

What are the possible inner ear disorders after falling from a moving escalator?

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago while descending on a moving escalator I fell down but I was holding the bannister and it only caused me to sit on the steps from where I got up and walked away upon reaching down. Next day, while sitting on a high chair with a very small base and seat, I slipped off b...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, you are probably suffering from imbalance. It is a type of vertigo. Such problems arises when vestibule of inner ear is not working properly. Balancing of moving body is managed by vestibule of inner ear. Sometimes inner ear gets diseased by ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel my heart shivering?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 56 years old. I have a feeling of trembling at heart since a month. Sometimes, I feel this trembling even while sleeping and hence, the sleep gets disturbed. During daytime, I also get uneasiness and shivering for hours after an episode of heart trembling. My BP after this feeli...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there is a high possibility of anxiety disorder in addition to endolymph (ear) fluid imbalance. The occurrence of trembling, difficulty falling back to sleep, sensitivity to sound, buzzing i...  Read Full »

Does long term usage of Ismo trigger low blood pressure and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 75-year-old male. I had IHD 40 years back. 23 years back, my doctor asked me to add Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Since then, I am taking it twice a day uninterruptedly. Then I was 54 years old. My BP has always been normal in all these years. Maybe 150/80 or 140/90 till a few years b...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, Ismo (Isosorbide Mononitrate) is given for angina or chest pain. If one is not having it without Ismo then it may be stopped. So it is not an absolutely necessary medicine in absence of angina. Next thing, it can cause low BP, and low bp can cause dizziness....  Read Full »