Vertigo

Can you help with my blocked ear and vertigo problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had one ear plugged completely with limited to no hearing on that side. I have been to the doctor and received Amoxicillin and steroids for it as well as Ciprodex ear drops and a Bromide nasal spray but my ear is still plugged. I woke up last week with this condition and debilitat...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ear bulging is mostly because of eustachian tube dysfunction and middle ear inflammation. Use nasal decongestant drops as Otrivin while lying down on your back and your head is lower than your whole body (Trendelenburg position). Chewing gums may help in opening th...  Read Full »

What is the possible association of hearing loss with vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently undergoing medication for vertigo and ear infection as per the doctor. My symptoms were head spinning at regular intervals (when heads start spinning I am unable to sit also), nausea, dizziness, and headaches. I went to an ENT and did an MRI and audiometry test. MRI is...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload the reports of audiometry and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). How much of significant hearing loss is there? Is it nerve-related or conductive loss? Did you have any ear discharge before the problem started?  Read Full »

I have constant pressure around the ear and nerve twitches. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ear pain going all the way down to my foot. I also have vertigo and tinnitus. It has been two years. I feel constant pressure around ear and nerve twitches in whole body. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. As you say you have radiating ear pain along with pressure around the ear and vertigo and tinnitus. There can be many reasons to this. Have you got any checkup done? If not I feel right away you will need the following investigations: ...  Read Full »

I have semicircular canal dehiscence and patulous eustachian tube dysfunction. Can I fly?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two inner ear conditions. Both are somewhat rare: Right-semicircular canal dehiscence and Left- patulous eustachian tube dysfunction. What I want to know is whether I can fly- take an airplane without getting ill and sustain further inner damage?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Super semicircular canal dehiscence is a rare inner ear condition. In this condition there will be giddiness and imbalance when exposed to loud noise and imbalance, echoing of once own voice, etc. This condition usually does not get worsened by change in environmenta...  Read Full »

Is CT or MRI necessary for diagnosis of headache and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past eight months or so, I have had some problems with unusual headaches and sort of momentary feelings of lightheadedness, vertigo but it is like everything just shifts for a second instead of spinning. I have a background of stable migraine headache. I have had some face pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been elaborate in providing your medical history and that always helps to form an opinion. Coming to your straightforward query, I really do not see any indication for a fresh brain imaging study like CT (computed tomography) or MRI (magnetic resonance imagi...  Read Full »

What to do for inner ear infection, sinusitis and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have an inner ear infection. I went to the doctor last year and he asked me about my symptoms. I told him and he said I had a viral thing in which he gave me antibiotics to take which I did not take. When I got my summary it is said that I had sinusitis. Now until this day m...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand you have three issues. Sinusitis, for this, take steam inhalation daily for one month. Also, do send me pictures of CT (computed tomography) scan for sinuses. So that I can further suggest what is the treatment or surgery. Fluid in the ear, if it i...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

I have light headedness and my head has been going numb. Do I have intracranial hemorrhage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been lightheaded or unsteady for the last month. My entire head has been going numb a few times and sometimes the sides of my head. I had a cat scan to rule out bleeding, and it was negative, but I feel like I should get an MRI to check. Do you think I could have an intracrania...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have the paroxysmal symptom of vertigo possibly secondary to labyrinthine dysfunction. Did you have symptoms of upper respiratory illness recently? There is no need to panic as it is not related to bleed inside your brain. If symptoms persist, you can start...  Read Full »

Can cervical spondylosis cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with severe dizziness. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to give you a better treatment plan, I would like to know few more details. Are you a male or female? What is your age? Since when are you suffering from dizziness? And how severe it is? Do you have any vertigo? Or any history of visual or sle...  Read Full »

MRI shows thecal sac indentation at C5 - C6. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My MRI scan report shows: Right central disc protrusion causing minimal thecal sac indentation which is seen just abutting the spinal cord at C5-C6 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C6-C7 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C4-C...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows there may be a minimal indentation of the thecal sac at cervical 5 and 6 vertebrae, and mild indentation at few other cervical levels due to a disc prolapse, w...  Read Full »