Q. Kindly have a look into my report and let me know if I have leukemia?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I am 36 years old female. I got my precautionary health checkup done. I have enclosed the report. My internet search about the result indicates that I may have early stage leukemia (cancer). Please advise.

#

I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• All the values are normal and excellent except vitamin D deficiency, which can lead to body pain and mildly high vitamin B12 levels which can be corrected by avoiding non-vegetarian and high protein diet .There is no sign of leukemia.
  • Leukemia has very high total leukocyte count above one lakh and presence of blast cells. But, in your case the count is 8620 per cubic mm which is within normal limits.
  • The rest of the details assured that you do not have leukemia.
  • For vitamin D deficiency, you can take vitamin D supplements after consulting with your doctor.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Actually, I am a vegetarian and my protein intake is also low. I have a lot of hairfall. Please guide.

#

• Since you are a vegetarian, I would suggest you to repeat your vitamin B12 test from some other laboratory and take less of dairy products.
  • For hair fall, I would suggest you to apply Minscalp plus (Minoxidil) 10% one mL twice a day and take Xtraglo capsule (water soluble vitamin) at night.

Revert back after the test to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|