Q. My nephew took Tayo 60K for nine months. Can it be the cause of hypervitaminosis D?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 05, 2021

My nephew was diagnosed with low vitamin D a few months back. His CPK was 642, and vitamin D was 8 ng/mL. He was advised to take Tayo 60K sachet, once a week for initial 12 weeks, and then one sachet a month for the next six months. Now, his vitamin D level is 18.62 ng/mL, and CPK was 260.66. What can be the cause?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• In my opinion, there is a problem with the reports, if he has no other symptoms. His CPK and vitamin D levels should be rechecked from some other laboratory.

For further queries consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Thank you for replying. Is it possible that the increased level is due to medicines being given to him for the last nine months?

#

• If the reports are correct, then it is possible that medicines contributed to the current status. But, practically speaking it is very rare, and we need to look for other causes of hypervitaminosis.
  • In my view, get new reports from a different but standard laboratory, and revert with details. We will discuss the next course of action following the reports.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|