Q. I am unable to control hunger for more pleasure after schizophrenia recovery. What to do?

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 19, 2021

I'm a schizophrenic who has recovered, but I'm having trouble controlling my hunger for more pleasure. I'm on a dating app where I meet about 2 new ladies daily just for fun and masturbating about 2 times daily. I want to know if the combination of drugs I'm on might be the cause. I'm normally not so pleasure thirsty Also I've been on this same drug for close to 3years now. I'm curious, can you give me an idea of when it will be time for a drug holiday? It's 3years after my first relapse and I'm having no symptoms at present. No paranoia, voice hearing and social withdrawal or grandiose for the past 2years and 6months. Those where all the set of symptoms I had and they're all gone now. I've not had any tardive dyskinesia symptoms lately. It came after my last episode. I'm on Olanzapine 15mg and vitamin e 1000IU each to be taken once daily. I'm a male 25yrs old weighing 79kg and 6feet 1inch tall. My cognitive symptoms are also recovered. Thank you.

#

Hello Dear usually vit E may act as a anti sterility vitamin also elevate the pleasure for orgasm. Vitamin E is important in increasing sex drive because it increases testosterone levels which therefore increases stamina and also helps raise desire. But the anti psychotics drugs may not cause this. Don't over mastrubate. Weekly once or twice is the best. If you're feeling again psychotic symptoms like personality changes or hallucinations or movement disorders means you need to consult with your psychiatrist he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

|