Q. My daughter has vitiligo in her lower lip. What should we do?

Answered by Dr. Shaunak Patel and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Vitiligo or White Patches? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My daughter has vitiligo in her lower lip.  What should we do?

My daughter has vitiligo on her lower lip. It came to our notice this year, and we consulted a doctor immediately. The doctor gave Dicaris 150 mg to be taken on the weekends of every week for four months. She finished 32 Dicaris tablets so far. She also used Melbild lotion at night and sun exposure on the next morning for three months. Now it seems that the white patch is not stopped spreading. It has increased very little. I have uploaded images before taking Dicaris and present. Now we want to go for vitiligo surgery. But we have come to know that before the surgery, the patch should stop spreading. What should we do? Please help.