Vitiligo

What causes pink discoloration of lower lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male and half of my lower lip color has changed to pink and it looks bad. I want to bring it back to normal color. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query on this platform. It may be initial phase of vitiligo a hypopigmentary disorder. Avoid smoking and taking very hot food or drinks. Avoid biting or licking lips often. Take antioxidant tablets. You can try initially with a steroid cream...  Read Full »

Why is my penis head white?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin at the tip of my penis is becoming white from the past three months. There is no pain or any other problem due to that. I feel pressure to urinate, but while urinating the flow is slow. I do not know why my penis has become white. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me an image. It might be vitiligo or balanitis xerotica obliterans. Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist  Read Full »

How is vitiligo on lips treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has vitiligo on her lower lip. It came to our notice this year, and we consulted a doctor immediately. The doctor gave Dicaris 150 mg to be taken on the weekends of every week for four months. She finished 32 Dicaris tablets so far. She also used Melbild lotion at night and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you going at length in explaining me the exact medicine regimen. You are well in time and not late, so do not worry. I normally give tablet Azathioprine taking into consideration the weight factor. After the stabilization has been achieved in about a coupl...  Read Full »

I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. Which medicine should I take?

Query: Hello doctor, I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. The doctor suggested taking Decapeptide lotion Melgain. I also have taken, but it does not work. Now I did not receive any medicine. So which medicine should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have vitiligo as you said, but I need to see your lip lesions in personal. If required biopsy will be done, if it is vilitigo. Then there are lots of options to treat vitiligo with a varying prognosis like, 1. Oral medication. 2. Phototherapy. 3. Surgery. 4. ...  Read Full »

White patches developed on spots where corticosteroid was applied. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has skin lesions that started last year. They are on one side of the body. Initially, she got eczema kind small red rashes for which we applied Corticosteroid and later we observed whitish patches developing on those spots. Initially, the GP thought it could be tinea versicolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and clinical photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the present situation, it looks to be vitiligo. Since it is on one side of the body, it can be called as segmental vitiligo also. Tacrolimus is the right m...  Read Full »

Can vitiligo be passed on to children and grandchildren?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a doubt regarding vitiligo condition. My father-in-law has vitiligo and he is 60 years old now. He has 2 sons and 1 daughter. Daughter is married and having two kids. None of the above have this condition. Is there any chance of getting vitiligo to his sons or to his grandchildre...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. There is a definitive genetic component in vitiligo and if someone is affected by it, he is more likely to transmit it to his kids than a person who does not have it. There are 4 to 5 times more chances of getting vitiligo than ge...  Read Full »

What is the white patch behind my baby's ear?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 14 months old and a normal baby. He has developed white patches or spot behind ear and back of the neck. According to my knowledge, it is present since birth or from the time he was three months old. My father has eczema in his leg. The patches do not spread but with time, they...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for sharing the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can notice the patches are forming lines. They are identified as birth marks. Just the way there are black moles present, similarly white moles are there. These birth marks do not...  Read Full »

Will it be wise to use Melbild lotion for vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, A white patch is seen on the lower lip of my daughter. The patch probably came into being during last three to four months. The doctors are saying it as vitiligo. She is also having acne on the nose and both arms. The details of my daughter are as follows: Age 14 years, height 5’3” (...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I have noted your concern. The patch on the lip is definitely vitiligo. As far as treatment for vitiligo is concerned, Dicaris (Levamisole) is one of the treatment options for vitili...  Read Full »

The white spots on my skin are spreading fast. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some small white spots on my skin of the legs, from the past two years. I was taking homeopathic medicines for it. From the past six to seven months, some new patches are coming on my face. These spots are spreading fast, and it has become a serious issue. Kindly suggest some quick...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is vitiligo and since new patches are appearing it is called unstable vitiligo. How many patches are there over your body other than your neck? I suggest you try using the following: Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment once a day. Melgain or Melbild lotion (Deca Peptide)...  Read Full »

Can vitiligo occur in later stages of life?

Query: Hi doctor, My cousin sister is planning to get married to a guy, who has a family history of vitiligo. His parents and paternal aunt are suffering from the same problem and all are having white spots on their body. The boy is not having any white spots currently on his body. Can this problem occur ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitiligo can be inherited in the family, but not in every member of the generation. It is not necessary for vitiligo to develop in childhood; the onset can be at any stage of life. Inheritance was thought to be autosomal dominant with variable expression and incomplete pe...  Read Full »