Vulvovaginitis

How to treat itchy vagina?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an itchy vagina, which aggravates at night. It has been about three days since experiencing itchy valvular. It aggravates at night. Application of anything with Boric powder soothes temporarily. What is causing it? Recently I started taking medicines of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know if you face any vaginal discharge problems like foul smell, thick white discharge, or any watery or greenish-yellow discharge?  Read Full »

How to treat dry vulva with itching and inflammation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having dryness in my vulva region for some weeks now, and it is red. It does not itch, but it is slightly and inflamed. I have attached the photos. I am currently using Citalopram.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and from your brief history and attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like vulvovaginal candidiasis (fungal infection). There is no reason to worry as it will subside within two to four weeks. You can...  Read Full »

What could cause small bumps on vagina post unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently had unprotected intercourse about a week ago. My vagina has become really itchy and sore. I tried to take a picture just to see if anything was going on and there are a lot of tiny white bumps that almost look like a rash. And it is extremely irritating. Any ideas of what ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is there any discharge from vagina? If yes, is it white or yellow or watery or creamy? It appears like fungal infection most likely vulvovaginal candidiasis. Use Clotrimazole pe...  Read Full »

How to treat large painful cyst-like bump on clitoris?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large, red, painful cyst-like bump on the left side of the clitoris. It hurts to walk, sit or stand. I have been doing a warm compress three a day and a hot shower once. It seems to be getting more painful. I cannot go to the doctor because of COVID-19. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I gather that it is vulvitis, which has got localized to a single point. Usually, infection starts in the vagina and later it gets localized. It forms a blister and over time it forms a pus...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain during intercourse with no major symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing pain during sex during three separate sexual encounters over the last few months. No sex in between these encounters. Upon recent inspection a white spot was noticed on the inner portion of the vulva which seems to be the source of the pain. Outside of sexual interco...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Image is not much clear. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But looks like some inflammatory changes. There must be vuvlovaginitis or Bartholin gland infection. If previously, there was no pain during sex and now pain is there then there should be some ...  Read Full »

What causes pain during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain during sex. Penetration of any kind hurts me. The most painful are the inner lips especially on the right side. I get burning sensation inside too, but not very high. I had some bleeding last night and it stopped fairly quickly. We were not being rough either. I am on Dep...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached. There is loss of rugosity of the right labia majora and minora indicating that there is an inflammation. It was indicated by the shiny nature of the majora and minora on t...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get genital wart without sexual exposure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old girl. I saw a cauliflower shape growth in my vulva which was diagnosed as warts. I was given Acivir tablet 800 mg despite the fact that I had no sexual contact with anyone. Then, I got my menstruation for seven days. I used to apply vaginal wash and tea tree oil and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Surprising fact is that you have a genital wart, but without any history of sexual exposure. Then it is not a wart. And it has subsided as I could not find it in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, what a miserable condition you have done...  Read Full »

Why am I having infection after a month of getting treated for yeast infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been treated with for a yeast infection and given antibiotics last month end and then last week had another infection (milky like discharge no smell). Is it advisable to wait for one month to be seen by my gynecologist or go to an urgent care right away?  Read Full »

Dr. Tara Devi

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had a yeast infection, you would have been treated with antifungals and not antibiotics. Since you have a recurrence after being cured with the first treatment, you should be examined to see if it is similar or different infection now and treated accordingly.   Read Full »

There are white deposits on skin around vagina. Is it RVCC?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old and diabetic. I had dengue two years back. Since that time (I feel) I have itching around my vagina and also itching around the urinal area. No pain or itching while urinating. There are white deposits on the skin around vagina including clitoris and urethra, redness, i...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Raosaheb Kohkade

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You are diabetic that is why you are getting repeatedly vulvovaginal candidiasis. You have to control your blood and urine sugar first. If it is not under control the fungi will grow again and again. Apply Clotrimazole ointment on affected area on the outer side and keep Ca...  Read Full »