Q. Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Mar 21, 2017

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Genital warts over the pubic area is a common presentation of the advent and use of condoms.

As condoms provide protection to the genitalia, the incidence is lower in such sites.

However, the skin over the pubic area remains unprotected and can come in contact with the virus, and thus get infected.

The lesion in your image appears more like a cutaneous horn. Usually, genital warts are multiple and show a tendency to spread.

Kindly mention the duration of the lesion, and upload better pictures. Also, mention if your partner has similar lesions elsewhere.

Get the following tests done:
1. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
2. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen).
3. Anti-HCV (hepatitic C virus antibody).
4. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory).

Revert with more details to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have 12 warts on my scrotum that have darkened over time. Please help.

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I have about 12 warts on my scrotum that have not gone away for three years. Because of the length of time they have been there, it seems that they could only be molluscum or HPV. They vary in size from small dots to clusters of slightly larger dots. They have darkened over time, do n...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. I request you to kindly upload a few clear images of the affected area so that I can have a look and guide you further. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts

Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now. Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu...  Read Article

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full