Q. Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 28, 2021

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.

#

Genital warts over the pubic area is a common presentation of the advent and use of condoms.

As condoms provide protection to the genitalia, the incidence is lower in such sites.

However, the skin over the pubic area remains unprotected and can come in contact with the virus, and thus get infected.

The lesion in your image appears more like a cutaneous horn. Usually, genital warts are multiple and show a tendency to spread.

Kindly mention the duration of the lesion, and upload better pictures. Also, mention if your partner has similar lesions elsewhere.

Get the following tests done:
1. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
2. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen).
3. Anti-HCV (hepatitic C virus antibody).
4. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory).

Revert with more details to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|