Q. I have 12 warts on my scrotum that have darkened over time. Please help.

Dr. Kakkar

Hello doctor,

I have about 12 warts on my scrotum that have not gone away for three years. Because of the length of time they have been there, it seems that they could only be molluscum or HPV. They vary in size from small dots to clusters of slightly larger dots. They have darkened over time, do not multiply, and just will not go away. I would love some assistance to steer me in the right direction, and what may help them go away. Thank you.

#

I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few clear images of the affected area so that I can have a look and guide you further.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached the images. Please find them. I trust these photos are confidential.

#

I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These images are confidential and shared only with me.

Yes, these are genital warts which are skin colored to hyperpigmented, rough looking lesions. Some of them look pedunculated. Genital warts or condyloma acuminata is an STD (sexually transmitted diseases) caused by HPV (human papilloma virus).

Whereas, the lesions of molluscum contagiosum are dome-shaped, sessile, pearly white in color and smooth with a central indentation or pit. Molluscum is also a viral infection, but it is caused by a different virus known as molluscum contagiosum virus.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What should be done about this?

#

I suggest the removal of condyloma acuminata (genital warts) with an electrocautery machine (electrosurgery) or they can also be frozen with liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy). You may talk to a local dermatologist about these procedures.

|