Water Retention

Which vitamins cause water retention?

Query: Hi doctor, I am obese despite doing yoga thrice weekly and eating healthy diet. I have the problem of water retention in legs and inflammation. Also I continue to gain weight. Please find the root cause.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many conditions that can cause water retention like low protein levels, kidney problems, reduced blood flow to leg or thyroid problems. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CBC (complete blood count), serum albumin, serum...  Read Full »

Why are my ankles swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52 year old male. Every alternate day, I used to play tennis and swim for an hour. My weight is 100 kg and I am 5 feet 11 inches tall. All my blood reports are normal. I am taking a few medicines regularly, which includes Losar H, Amlopin 2.5, Rozavel 20, Glycomet SR 500. My avera...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For your age of 52, you appear to be very active. With all parameters, your BMI is on a higher side, and you have to lose some weight. It seems that you have been prescribed medications by your general physician for management of diabetes and hypertension. There are m...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for systemic sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called systemic sclerosis. I have been experiencing a couple of symptoms along with this disease. Could you please give me some advice on how to treat these symptoms, which I could pass on to my regular docto...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to my opinion, Raynaud's phenomenon is a part of CREST syndrome of systemic sclerosis. In case that is troubling you, the best treatment that I have found very successful is the use of crushed Sorbitrate tablets in coconut oil and apply them to massage over th...  Read Full »

How can I reverse fluid retention in my nose and lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old, and every morning my nose and lips appear swollen due to fluid retention, but as the day goes, it usually subsides. However recently, it is not going away, which means that every time my nose swells up, it remains that way. Does this mean the drainage system is blocked...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be due to the following reasons: Water retention, to avoid this you should limit alcohol and salt intake and drink adequate amounts of water. Allergy, you might be allergic to feathers of your pillow or material of your pillowcase or allergic sinusitis. If you ...  Read Full »

Why is there accumulation of water in spite of stomach dialysis?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is undergoing stomach dialysis treatment for the past one month. Now, she has developed water in the lungs. Due to that, there is breathlessness, no appetite, no sleep, water retention in feet, and stomach. The doctor has removed 1 liter of water from the lungs, but second d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Varma

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sister is undergoing peritoneal (stomach) dialysis. Now, she is having fluid retention in her body. This can be either due to change in her fluid intake habits wherein she has now increased fluid intake, another reason may be that the dialysis technique is not r...  Read Full »

Why do some women put on a lot of weight after an abortion?

Query: Hello doctor,Please tell me. What are the reasons for some girls to put on weight after they have an abortion? Also, is it common for all women?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, I would say that the women usually gain weight after abortion for many reasons: Water retention. Emotional eating. To fulfill the stress of undergoing an abortion, the body triggers off a hunger mechanism. Hope y...  Read Full »

From the reports, can you please tell me the reason for my mom's swollen feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question about my mom's peripheral blood smear test. She is 62 years old and is diabetic. The report says she has normocytic normochromic anemia with neutrophilic leukocytosis. Her neutrophils are 85 %, lymphocytes are 14 %, eosinophils are 1 %, and neutrophils show coarse toxic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your mom's case, considering that she is a diabetic patient with swelling in both her feet (also known as edema), a few things come to my mind. She could be having some skin infection in the...  Read Full »

Is lupus causing all my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old female, and I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and Sjogren's syndrome, with symptoms dating back to as young as six years old. I have also been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, thyroiditis, Raynaud disease, right-sided heart enlargeme...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis of asthma is doubtful as pulmonary issues are seen in conditions you are already suffering from like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) and rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, the right term for you is MCTD (mixed connective tissue disease), which are associa...  Read Full »

My dad's creatinine and urea levels are high due to a congestive heart disease. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 42 years of age, and he has a congestive and congenital heart disease by birth. He visited many doctors, but all of them suggested that there is no need for any immediate treatment and that he can live with it. He is now under medications, and he is doing well. The reason...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your dad's health issues. Your dad seems to be suffering from Eisenmenger's syndrome. This is a long-term complication of congenital heart disease. It is the cause of his kidney problems. In my practice, I usually suggest diuretics for my patients j...  Read Full »

What can cause swelling on private parts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female. I have some swelling on my private part. There is no irritation, but swelling has been present since a week. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Swelling in the private parts could be due to either infection or fluid retention. If the swelling is associated with itching, redness or burning, then it is due to infection. If only swelling is visi...  Read Full »