Q. I have white-colored thrush on the foreskin. How to get rid of it completely?

Dr. Neha Sud
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 05, 2021

I am a 25-year-old male. I have this issue for a year. I have thrush in my foreskin of the penis. I had a fungal infection before few years. After that, I am taking care by following hygiene practices. Previously, I was not able to pull my foreskin back completely. But now I can do it easily. Now, I have white-colored thrush on the backside of the foreskin. How to get rid of it completely? It was very bad before. After taking care, it is getting better. Now, the thrush remains only on the backside of the foreskin.

#

Sometimes skin secretions get collected on the inside part of the foreskin and it becomes apparent when you pull back the foreskin. You can follow some tips. Gently pull back the foreskin regularly while bathing and clean the part with plain water and pull the skin forward again. In some cases, whitish collection occurs in association with redness on the skin and itching. In these cases, you need to take medicines to apply or eat. It depends on the severity of the symptoms. If you have a partner with complaints of discharge and associated symptoms, then both of them need treatment.

|