Q. I have white-colored thrush on the foreskin. How to get rid of it completely?

Answered by
Dr. Neha Sud
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020

I am a 25 year old male. I have had this issue for a long time (1 year). I have a thrush in my penis foreskin. I had fungal infection before. After that I took care and kept all hygiene practices. I wasn't able to pull the foreskin back completely before. But now I can do it easily. The problem now I am facing is white colored thrush is in the backside of the foreskin. what should I do to get rid of it completely?

It was very bad before. After I take care, it is getting better. Now the thrush is remaining only on the backside of foreskin.



Sometimes the skin secretions collect on the inside part of the fore skin and become apparent when you pull back the foreskin

Follow the below tips:

Regularly, gently pull back the foreskin while bathing and clean the part with plain water and pull the akin forward then

If the above doesn’t help and the whitish collection is associated with redness on the skin and itching then you may require some medicine to apply or eat, same will depend on the severity of the symptoms

If you have a partner who too complains of discharge and associated symptoms then both need to be treated together

In that case we can consult online via a video consult Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What causes recurrent candidiasis?

You can have a Canestan thrush pessary (Clotrimazole) per vaginal at bedtime for two to three alternate nights ...   Read full

Why am I getting repeated itchy rash on the penis?

Hello doctor,

I am taking Enalapril 10 mg and developed psychosis with auditory hallucinations. Could it be my medication? It is listed as a rare side effect and the symptoms are worse when I take the medication and lessen w...   Read full

White layer on my penis. Is it any sexually transmitted disease?

Hello doctor,

I used a vibrator on my penis for 30 to 40 minutes and the result is that the hardness of my penis is gone and the length reduced a lot. Now, I am unable to have sex with my partner. Can you tell me any medici...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Oral Candidiasis - Clinical Presentation, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention

Article Overview: This article discusses fungal infection known as oral candidiasis. It is the most common opportunistic infection of the oral cavity. Read Article

Oral candidiasis is the most common opportunistic infection of the oral cavity, which is observed mostly in patients who have low immunity like HIV, diabetic patients, and those who belong to older age group wearing dentures. Though there are several Candida species, Candida albicans is most commonl...  Read Article

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.