Q. White layer on my penis. Is it any sexually transmitted disease?

Dr. Syam Kumar Chandrasekharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am a 32 year old male. I can observe awhite layer on my penis head just beneath the foreskin.

This layer gets removed after washing, but appears again. Is this any sexually transmitted disease?

#

• Usually, there will be a white creamy layer on glans penis (rounded head of the penis), when you pull your foreskin down.
  • It is nothing but smegma - a combination of shed epithelial cells, oily secretion from glans penis and moisture.
  • If there is no pain, redness or any unusual symptoms, there is no need to worry about it.
  • Pull your foreskin and wash immediately after every urination.
  • Wash with mild soap when you take bath.
  • Clean the penis after every urination and sexual intercourse.

This is not a sign of any Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).

For further follow up, consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|