Q. What can these white patches in my mouth be?

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

I have developed a few white patches in my mouth for few days. The image is attached herewith. Is it just a fungal infection or something else? What medicine do you suggest? There is no pain or bleeding. It is not increasing in size. I never had anything like this previously. I never smoked or chewed tobacco.

#

• Please let me know following things.
  1. Exactly for how long has this lesion been there?
  2. Is this kind of lesion present in any other site in the mouth?
  3. Is there a sharp tooth near the lesion?
  4. Is there any history of toothbrush trauma?

Also, please send a clear image of the lesion.

Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

This lesion has been there for 15 to 20 days. I do not see any similar lesions in my mouth other than this one. A sharp tooth is present near the lesion. And, there is toothbrush trauma. I am attaching an image.

#

I have seen the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. This lesion could be a traumatic one.

I suggest the following:

1. Use a soft toothbrush.
  2. Avoid trauma to this area.
  3. If there is a sharp tooth which is a constant source of trauma to this area, visit a dentist.
  4. It is a very good thing that you have never smoked or used tobacco. Keep it up.
  5. Apply Kenacort paste (Triamcinolone) to the lesion four to five times a day.
  6. Take antioxidants and multi vitamin capsules daily for 15 days.
  7. If the lesion does not reduce in size or if it increases, then you should go for a biopsy of the lesion, but do not be worried.

Feel free to revert whenever you want. Thanks.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|