Soft Tissue Injury

I have discomfort in a 20 years old ankle injury. Do I need to investigate it now?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question about my ankle. When I was at school, I was messing around in the changing rooms one day after PE. When I went over on my ankle, I heard a loud crack and experienced instant severe pain in my ankle. When I tried to limp into the nurse room, I passed out in the corridor. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and considering such injuries, x-rays are definitely recommended nowadays. But, I cannot say about the protocols 20 year back. There is always a scope of bony injury after any such trauma. Most soft tissue injuries settle during such ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment given for fractured tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell down and I got knocked in my front right incisor and it does not move back. It is also a permanent tooth. I am taking tablet Vyvanse.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry, we can manage it. First of all, do not touch it or try to push it back into position. Do not bite on that tooth. There is bleeding which is from the gums (as the picture i...  Read Full »

What could be the soft tissue growth present in tooth socket shortly after extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I have soft tissue growth from the extracted tooth socket shortly after extraction and do not seem to be growing anymore. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is an excessive gum growth that sometimes occurs in an extracted socket. After extraction, the healing activity and blood supply in the socket will particularly be high, wh...  Read Full »

What is the reason for wrist pain with weight lifting?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I am experiencing pain in my left wrist whenever I carry weight. At first, I presumed it was too much weight so I lowered the weight, but my left wrist continues to have pain. I tested using different things such as posture and time length, but the pain continues. I am tryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left wrist pain can be due to many reasons at your age. 1. Mechanical pain / soft tissue rheumatism, usually occurs around one point of joint and not diffuse around joints. It is activity related like it occurs only after activity or in some certain specific work or...  Read Full »

What treatment should I do for a cut on forearm?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a small cut on my forearm while cleaning my house due to the barbwire fencing. Can you please advice on the medication for it?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com It is better if you could attach the picture. Now as you have mentioned, if it is a small cut topical antibiotics would be enough. You should apply Mupirocin ointment or Betadine ointment three to four times a day until it heals. Also, as it is a metal wire, you shou...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan show blood clots?

Query: Hi doctor,Post spine surgery My CT says evidence of pre and paravertebral soft tissue and differentiation of hematoma may be considered. Does this mean there is a blood clot?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you want to know about a CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This report means that there is a pre and paravertebral soft tissue. But, from the CT scan, they are not able to find out specifica...  Read Full »

Will my knee pain due to injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is le...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended. In the mea...  Read Full »

After accident, I get shoulder pain while sitting and moving the hands. why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night, I fell from my bike on my right side as it got slipped while driving. My right hand and right shoulder directly hit the road and cause severe pain on the right side of the abdomen. A local doctor prescribed some medicine and I got relieved from my side pain. I went for an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should get yourself examined by an orthopedic surgeon and x-ray of the shoulder region is required. Any pain in the shoulder after trauma requires evaluation and any pain cannot be considered as normal? There are chances of soft tissue alone with no bony injury, ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for acute lower back pain aggravates on sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing acute pain on the left side of the lower back since last night. Suddenly, I was unable to bend forward at all and started feeling extreme pain while sitting. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the left hip. Even after 12 hours, the pain has not reduced a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally have seen many cases like this at my clinic. I advise them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice pack till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessar...  Read Full »

Will excruciating pain in feet while walking indicate fracture in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days ago I jumped off a gate that was about 10 feet tall. Upon landing, I landed flat on my feet, a surge of excruciating pain took over my feet. Since then, I have trouble walking and the pain has not yet subsided. Though it hurts a lot when I am walking and putting pressure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without examining you it is very difficult to be precise but I can say with confidence that you have a significant injury as bruising is a hallmark of either a fracture or a significant soft tissue trauma. Weight-bearing is the second thing we look at and if you canno...  Read Full »