Q. Is it safe to take Glutathione when one is planning to conceive?

Published on Dec 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 25-year-old wife is planning to use Glutathione as one of her dietary supplements. She is still trying to conceive. Is that okay? Is it safe? Will it still be okay to take Glutathione during pregnancy? What other dietary supplements would you recommend?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Glutathione is a master antioxidant that plays an important role in the development and growth of the fetus.
  • In the placenta, Glutathione detoxifies pollutants before they reach the developing child.
  • Glutathione also supports your immune function, which is important as your immune system is suppressed during pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Nutraceuticals: The Need of the Day

Article Overview: This article aims to familiarize patients with the importance of taking antioxidants (commonly known as vitamins and minerals) in their day to day life and preventing many lifestyle diseases. Read Article

Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan
Preventive Medicine Physician

Being a homeopathic doctor, there are very few methods of treatment that attract my attention, speaking of it, after going through some of them thoroughly, in my capacity. What attracted my attention recently is the study of theories of free radicals and antioxidants. The whole purpose of writing th...  Read Article

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article