Q. What to do for wisdom tooth pain?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I am in major pain now. I noticed that my wisdom tooth is coming in about a week and a half ago. Since then I have been having this pain in the lower corner of my left mouth. It is located right where the gums and my mouth meet and resembles a cut. It is a slit with yellow and white outside and a brown on the inside. I would like to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. I would very much appreciate a reply soon because this thing made me stressed out. Thank you.

#

• Your pain occurs due to the infected gingiva surrounding the wisdom tooth. It is called pericoronitis.
  • You need to start on antibiotics immediately along with painkillers.
  • Go show it to a dentist soon who will either recommend you to extract the tooth or do a small surgical procedure to remove the overhanging flap posterior to the wisdom tooth.
  • The procedure suitable for you can be said only by at least seeing a picture or x-ray of the area involved.
  • Use warm saline gargle two to three times daily which will give you some relief till you show it to your dentist.

For further information consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|