Q. What causes swollen and painful lymph node in the throat?

Answered by Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Enlarged Lymph Node or Lymphadenitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My right lymph node on my throat is swollen and my throat hurts on the right side but is not scratchy. I have had this for four days with no other symptoms. I was recently on multiple antibiotics for a bacterial infection but am no longer on them. I am female, 19 years old, 115 lbs. Only current medication is a new Mirena IUD.