Q. After how many days of withdrawal bleeding does periods occur?

I and my friend involved in physical intimacy a few days back and there was no ejeculation and penetration was only for 2 minutes. After that considering precum she took Unwanted 72 within 3 hours. She had bleeding after six days. She has regular cycle of 28 to 30 days and her last period was 30 days back. She did not have period till now.

We performed urine pregnancy test at home. All are negative. Is it confirmed that she is not pregnant? If yes, how long ideally she should wait for period after bleeding? Is there any medicine required?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As she had a withdrawal bleed post Unwanted 72 intake and also the urine pregnancy test has been negative till date, so pregnancy is ruled out. However, the conclusive test for ruling out pregnancy remains serum beta hCG test which is a blood test. if hCG levels are less than 5 mlU, then she is surely not pregnant.

Also, now she should be expecting her menses only after 10 more days as she had her bleed marking the start of her fresh cycle. Just get the serum beta hCG test done to get conclusive results. She can wait for her menses.

| 

What is withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, Emergency contraception is 95% effective means is there some chance of getting pregnant? What more precautions could be taken during sex so that there will be full surety about it? After taking it, will the periods be painful? In what way will it alter periods? Will it change the numb...  Read Full »

My pregnant test is negative but I miss my period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD, and I am planning to conceive. I am under Macfolate and Metformin tablets for the past seven months. I have regular periods for the past six months. This month, on the 11th day, I missed my period. After two days, when I checked for pregnancy, I got a negative result. Again ...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now