Q. After how many days of withdrawal bleeding does periods occur?

Published on Oct 11, 2019

I and my friend involved in physical intimacy a few days back and there was no ejeculation and penetration was only for 2 minutes. After that considering precum she took Unwanted 72 within 3 hours. She had bleeding after six days. She has regular cycle of 28 to 30 days and her last period was 30 days back. She did not have period till now.

We performed urine pregnancy test at home. All are negative. Is it confirmed that she is not pregnant? If yes, how long ideally she should wait for period after bleeding? Is there any medicine required?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As she had a withdrawal bleed post Unwanted 72 intake and also the urine pregnancy test has been negative till date, so pregnancy is ruled out. However, the conclusive test for ruling out pregnancy remains serum beta hCG test which is a blood test. if hCG levels are less than 5 mlU, then she is surely not pregnant.

Also, now she should be expecting her menses only after 10 more days as she had her bleed marking the start of her fresh cycle. Just get the serum beta hCG test done to get conclusive results. She can wait for her menses.

My periods have been slightly irregular. What may be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and I had an ultrasound for the first time today. My periods have been slightly irregular for last few months and hence I went for a checkup. I am attaching my scan reports for your reference. Kindly guide me. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ultrasound scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which you have posted shows a single follicle dominant, may be in the right ovary. The endometrial thickness and uterus seems normal size. This does not appear to be a polycystic ovaria...  Read Full

What is withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, Emergency contraception is 95% effective means is there some chance of getting pregnant? What more precautions could be taken during sex so that there will be full surety about it?¬†After taking it, will the periods be painful? In what way will it alter periods? Will it change the numb...  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Yes, there is some chance of pregnancy. You can use condom, but there is no contraception 100% effective even after contraception-operation very small chance of pregnancy remains.You can bleed any day after taking I-pill. There is ...  Read Full

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full >>

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq. You have taken emergency contraception as advised. That is very good. 99% of the times this will work well, but her menstrual period may be delayed. At this point you do not have to do anything. If the periods are delayed more than a week then you ha...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now