Q. Experiencing abdominal pain and cramps after taking Unwanted 72. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

My partner and I had protected sex on the 15th of this month, but I cummed in the condom but kept going. Not taking any chances she took a pill on the 18th. From the next day after taking the pill she had light bleeding in the form of blood clots and also experienced abdominal pain. The pain has persisted till now but the severity has decreased. Could you please tell me whether she is pregnant or not?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you had protected sex then she should not be pregnant. Do one urine pregnancy test for confirmation. Abdominal pain can also be due to stomach infection or kidney stones.

Do drink more water. Eat healthy and less oily food. If not decreasing then she will require an ultrasound scan for further diagnosis.

| 

But I have read that cumming in the condom and still continuing sex can lead to sperm leakage. Also, withdrawal bleeding should be like periods bleeding but her bleeding was light and in the form of clots. The bleeding started the day after taking Unwanted 72. Could you please explain what is going on? We are very worried.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

#

Leakage has some possibilities, but nowadays condom also have lubrication and this liquid have chemicals which are spermicidal and kills the sperm. So very less chance after that. And if you have taken Unwanted 72 after that which was added precautions further decrease the risk.

Now come to the bleeding after Unwanted 72. It can be less or more period like or at all no bleeding. So do not worry. Periods can be irregular or delayed after Unwanted 72.

Wait for 18 to 20 days after sex and do a urine pregnancy test. If the test is negative then do not worry she is not pregnant. And if comes positive then she is pregnant which is less likely.

But have to wait for this much days is the only option. But as I said with your history it is less likely that she is pregnant. Cramps also can be due to Unwanted 72. It will decrease over time.

Eat healthy and less oily and less spicy food. Drink more water. And wait is the only option.

| 

I took emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex. Am I safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »

Had an emergency contraceptive pill after sex. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old and my menstrual cycle is generally of 30 days. Last month I had sex with my boyfriend on just after 2 days of my periods. Though we used condoms but I felt as if it was leaking so to be double sure I took one Unwanted 72 in 23 hours. Now, I am 13 days late for my period...  Read Full »