Q. Had an emergency contraceptive pill after sex. Can I be pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or Premenstrual Syndrome? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 21 years old and my menstrual cycle is generally of 30 days. Last month I had sex with my boyfriend on just after 2 days of my periods. Though we used condoms but I felt as if it was leaking so to be double sure I took one Unwanted 72 in 23 hours. Now, I am 13 days late for my periods. I am getting muscle cramps and whenever I rush to the washroom to see I just find white liquid discharge. I have no other specific symptoms. I took two home pregnancy tests and both are negative. I am afraid. Can I be pregnant? If yes then how can I abort? And if no then why am I not getting my periods? Please help.