Q. I had my period after seven months and bleeding did not stop with Krimson 35. Why?

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

I have PCOS. I had my last periods before seven months. Then I had just spotting last month. I consulted a doctor for the same, and she prescribed me Regesterone 5 mg two tablets for ten days, followed by one tablet a day for 10 days. She also suggested Krimson 35 from the second day of periods after stopping Regesterone. My spotting stopped after starting this course, but I forgot two to three doses of Regesterone in the last 10 days, due to which I started having spotting again and full-blown bleeding in the last two to three days of this course. So, after 20 days were completed, I had full-blown bleeding, and on the second day after stopping Regesterone, I have started Krimson 35. I have taken two tablets of Krimson 35, but my bleeding and pain are not stopping. Will it stop if I continue Krimson 35?

#

You are having breakthrough bleeding as you missed Regesterone tablets. I would recommend you to continue taking Krimson 35 (Cyproterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol) and add tablet Tranex MF (Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) acid 500 mg thrice a day until bleeding stops.

If tablet Tranexamic acid does not stop bleeding, stop taking Krimson 35 and start with Regesterone 5 mg two tablets for 10 days, followed by one tablet a day for 10 days. Then wait for bleeding and start Krimson 35 on day 2 of menses. Start Tranex MF 500 until bleeding stops.

Tablet Tranex MF 500 10 tablets.

|