Q. Had Deviry and Krimson without knowing that I am pregnant. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

I missed my periods for the last four months. So, I had Deviry 10 mg two tablets a day for five days, but I did not get periods. Then, I started taking Krimson 35 for 21 days. Still, I did not get periods. Then I had a pregnancy test and unfortunately, it turned to be positive. Now, I am worried about the side effect of medicines I took. Will the medicines cause any mental or physical disorder to the baby? Please help me.

#

• Deviry is progesterone and it would have supported the pregnancy.
  • But, Krimson 35 contains Cyproterone acetate. It is a category C drug and not to be taken during pregnancy at all. In fact, Krimson35 is advised only in cases of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
  • Now, you are 4 months pregnant. Please get a quadruple test and an ultrasound pelvis to check for fetal growth anomalies and aneuploidies (abnormal chromosome).

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can sesame seeds induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was two months back. Then I postponed my period by taking lemon seeds and till now I have not got my period. I am taking sesame seeds daily for the past four days but I did not get my period. Can you please help me by giving medical prescription to get period?  Read Full »

Can I have sex during 17 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I had spotting which started during 13 weeks and lasted for about a week. I was put on bed rest and advised to take Susten 400 mg. Everything was fine in 16 weeks ultrasound. The doctor said no need of bedrest hereafter. But did not say anything abt se...  Read Full »

Will Risperidone and Asprito affect my fetus during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two episodes of psychosis in the past two years. I started treatment with Risperidone and later started Asprito 5 mg. I am getting married after two months. I want to know that if I start a family, will this treatment affect my baby's health as only limited medicines are allowed...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»