Q. What should I do to heal my wound?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a pharmacist. I am having a deep wound in my foot. Currently, I am taking Taxim-O CV 325, Lyser D and Vitamin A to Z. I am dressing the wound with Betadine and T-Bact ointment. What else should I do?

#

• You did not mention that how you acquired that wound. Continue the medications.
  • First of all, I will suggest you to take a proper diet as nutrition is very important in rapid wound healing.
  • Take more proteins in your diet like pulses and dairy products and avoid fatty diet.
  • Give proper rest to your foot. Do not let it get infected.
  • Check your glucose and hemoglobin levels.
  • I hope you have taken tetanus injection (Tetanus toxoid vaccine) if you acquired the wound after trauma.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I got the wound in a road accident.

#

• Since it is a traumatic wound you only have to take care that it does not get infected.
  • Take a healthy diet. A balanced diet will give you building blocks your body needs to heal a wound.
  • As mentioned earlier do not forget to take Tetanus toxoid injection.
  • If there are any signs of infection such as increased pain, temperature or foul smell or fluid coming from the wound, immediately contact a physician.

|