Q. What should I do to heal my wound?

Published on Dec 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a pharmacist. I am having a deep wound in my foot. Currently, I am taking Taxim-O CV 325, Lyser D and Vitamin A to Z. I am dressing the wound with Betadine and T-Bact ointment. What else should I do?

#

• You did not mention that how you acquired that wound. Continue the medications.
  • First of all, I will suggest you to take a proper diet as nutrition is very important in rapid wound healing.
  • Take more proteins in your diet like pulses and dairy products and avoid fatty diet.
  • Give proper rest to your foot. Do not let it get infected.
  • Check your glucose and hemoglobin levels.
  • I hope you have taken tetanus injection (Tetanus toxoid vaccine) if you acquired the wound after trauma.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I got the wound in a road accident.

#

• Since it is a traumatic wound you only have to take care that it does not get infected.
  • Take a healthy diet. A balanced diet will give you building blocks your body needs to heal a wound.
  • As mentioned earlier do not forget to take Tetanus toxoid injection.
  • If there are any signs of infection such as increased pain, temperature or foul smell or fluid coming from the wound, immediately contact a physician.

Got a TT shot after a fall and having more muscle and body pain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. Three days back, I had a fall from my motorbike on the road. I had some superficial bruises on my right leg and muscle pain on the right side of my body. I took a tetanus shot from my physician. I had Paracetamol 500 mg twice a day for two days to get relief from body ...  Read Full »

Is tetanus injection necessary despite DPT vaccine?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter aged 6 years got a cut and scratch in her body while playing in a new cementing wall from a piece of old and unused iron four days ago. Does she require any toxoid injection?  Read Full »

My brother has got a swelling in the snake bite area. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor,My brother got a snake bite in his right-hand middle finger. He has taken three antivenom doses and was under observation for two days. After six days of snake bite and treating it from medication, he has got swelling in snake bite area (right-hand middle finger). He is facing anxiety and ...  Read Full »