Q. What could the speckled cloudy areas on each side of my skull X-ray be?

Dr. Chitrangada

I have attached an AP view of X-ray of my skull. On each side of my skull from the rear canals down are speckled cloudy areas. Do you know what can cause this?

#

I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The speckled cloudy areas on each side are your mastoid air cells that are filled with air and hence give such an appearance which is normal.

However, I observe haziness involving your frontal sinuses and subtle involvement of sphenoid sinuses also which can cause a headache and cold on and off.

Other features appear within normal limits.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report and image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|