Xerosis

How to help my extreme dry skin and aged look?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have extremely dry skin and it is reacting with almost every product I use. Mostly, it is becoming dark and now, it started getting saggy and I look older to my age. Though I got advice from many dermatologists none helped. One of them said that it is ato...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any history of atopy or allergies? History of photosensitivity, dust exposure, polluted environment, or humidity? Do you have dry patches, scaling, itch, or irritation? You can use Emoderm cream in the daytime for 15 days. Please attach the picture of the lesion f...  Read Full »

Why is my toenail attached to the skin underneath?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 62 kg. Currently, I take Stamlo 5 twice a day and Eltroxin 50 mcg once daily. I have dry feet. I keep using foot care cream to make my feet look normal. My toe nails seem to stick with the skin as they grow. I have attached the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypothyroidism is a well known cause for dry skin. Your nails in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) look yellow, thickened, and detached from the nail bed. Are you itching over the feet? It may be onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail. I w...  Read Full »

Can fordyce spots cause pricking sensation in genitals?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pricking sensation (worsens if I am walking) in my genitals, and very infrequently in my armpits. No itching, only either pricky feeling or like a cut when touched. The dermatologist could not see any infection but another doctor told that it is Fordyce. This has been f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see the follicular prominences (the tiny raised bumps around hair) on scrotal skin. They look more like Fordyce spots which usually do not itch. But itching can be due to secondary xe...  Read Full »

I have rough dry hands with deep cracks in palms. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and my hands are very dry and rough. There are very deep noticeable cracks in palms and the webbed skin between the thumb and the index finger is very dry and rough. No lotions help. It is a big self-conscious thing. It has been this way since I can remember. Any hel...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad you asked this. In my professional opinion, this could either be a worse case of dry hands (xerosis) or a localized form of palmar keratoderma, a close-up examination with regards to surface elasticity and color would be elemental in determining the diagnosis....  Read Full »

Please suggest the best cure for xerosis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with xerosis. I had consulted many doctors and wasted so much money without any use. I am really fed up with this. Please suggest the best way to cure this.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Limit your use of soap. Do not excessively wash yourself. Have minimum 3 to 4 liters of water a day. Use a normal Vaseline lotion twice daily or more if required. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/de...  Read Full »

Do you have any idea about the dry skin in my lower legs?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some dry skin in the front of my lower legs, but it is on both legs. It is red and looks like dry skin. It does not itch, and I have had it for a few months. Do you have any idea of what could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is xerosis that is, dry skin. Shins are common sites for xerosis. Xerosis can be due to a cold climate, atopic dermatitis or certain other disorders such as hypothyroidism. I suggest you the following treatment for xerosis. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss wi...  Read Full »