Q. Do you have any idea about the dry skin in my lower legs?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
Published on Feb 07, 2017

I have some dry skin in the front of my lower legs, but it is on both legs. It is red and looks like dry skin. It does not itch, and I have had it for a few months. Do you have any idea of what could it be?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

• It is xerosis that is, dry skin. Shins are common sites for xerosis.
  • Xerosis can be due to a cold climate, atopic dermatitis or certain other disorders such as hypothyroidism.

I suggest you the following treatment for xerosis. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

• Cetaphil restoraderm body wash and  Aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion twice daily.
  • Avoid bathing in hot water, keep the bathing time minimum and wear only cotton clothes.
  • Also, you can get the following tests done. Serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and random blood sugar.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What can be done to clear acne marks due to pimples during periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and I have a combination skin type. I have minimal breakouts basically during my periods but these pimples leave a lot of marks. Please suggest me a tablet or a treatment on how to remove these marks. Also, I do not want to take any medicines containing steroids or ap...  Read Full »

I am having intermittent palpitations. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one m...  Read Full »

How can I cure dry skin around my lips that is peeling off?

Query: Hello doctor, My skin around the lip is always dry and peeling off. I tried applying all natural moisturizers like ghee, olive oil, etc. My doctor has asked me to take Neurobion for vitamin deficiency. Still, no improvement related to dryness. Kindly suggest a remedy for this.  Read Full »