Q. I am breastfeeding, and I do not want to get pregnant again. How to take Yasmin pills?

Dr. Ahmed Amdihun Essa
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

Hi doc, i got my periods on 2nd before two months and then 4th of last month; then 9th of this month . So i assume that i have 30 to 32 days cycle generally. Me and hubby had unprotected sex on 26th night of this month. so are we have any chace of preg? I do not want to get preg. When can i start taking contraceptive pills. I have Yasmin with me and how many dose in a day I have to take. I have 21 tabs with me. More details about the presenting complaint: I m feeding as well so how can I take Yasmin tablets Current medications: Nothing other than iron tablets.

#

Hi, Greeting, I have seen your queries as to the chance of pregnancy for sex on the 18th day for a 32-34 day cycle period? ovulation happened always 14 days back from the first day of the period, which means you had ovulation on the 18-20th day, 1. Therefore, you have some risk (10-20% chance) of pregnancy so watch your period and if you miss, you can have a urine test or you can have a blood test early. Then you will act according to the test result about a possible pregnancy. 2. As to the use of contraception, start on the second day of period or on the first if it is as usual (amount and type of bleeding). 3. you don't have to take contraception till you see the next period for you are past the ovulation and you may have a pregnancy, if you start Yasmin you may postpone the next period. I hope you get what you are looking for. good day.

| 

What happens to the unreleased follicle eggs in a PCOD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I want to know what happens to all these unreleased follicle eggs on ovaries? Why I have spotting after the period? And how can Yasmin help me? If it prevents ovulation so the number of follicle eggs would increase? What are the side effects once I get off Yasmin pills? C...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

How soon will I get pregnant after MTP?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS for the last two years. I got an MTP done in 14 weeks due to some complications. I got heavy menses two months after abortion which were very heavy. I got intimated soon after my periods for four days, but with condoms. I took UPT (preganews) the next month and was negativ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»