Q. I took one Yaz pill after unprotected sex. Will it be effective?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I had unprotected sex before two days. The next day, I took one Yaz pill. Do I need to take more pills? Will it be effective?

#

I have gone through your history, and I can understand your concern. There is a chance of pregnancy in your case as you have taken only one dose of Yasmin pill (Drospirenone with Ethinylestradiol). Delayed menses can occur due to hormonal imbalance caused by sex. Do a home urine test if you miss your period by seven days.

|