Q. How to improve my yellow teeth?

Dr. Asma Parveen

My teeth have become totally yellow. Even whitening toothpaste does not work. I tried to clean them myself but, failed. What products can I use or how can I clean it myself without visiting a dentist?

#

I have gone through your complaint and seen the picture attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 

• It looks like a case of stains with calculus, which is known in layman's terms as tartar. This can be due to many reasons. For example, not maintaining proper oral hygiene, smoking, excessive intake of tea, coffee or cold drink, or drinking fluoridated water.
  • It can ultimately lead to a condition called as gingivitis or periodontitis, if not taken care of. The only solution to this is to get a scaling or cleaning of your teeth done by your dentist.
  • Scaling is a routine cleaning procedure of the teeth, which is not painful. So, do not worry. There are no other means of cleaning your teeth except for scaling. After the procedure is done, the doctor will advise you to maintain your oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing and using a regular mouthwash every day.

Hope it helps. In the case of any other problem, you can contact us. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why are my teeth yellow even though I brush them?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full »

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full »