Q. Is it possible for gingival fibers to regenerate after scaling?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

No, you are not right in this case, gingival tissue regenerates as do others except the nerve fibers, if an injury takes place. Dental scaling is good for the heath of gums and should be employed after every six months. If you have a gingival recession, that cannot be because of oral prophylaxis (scaling). So do not worry. The attachment will happen within days.

|