Q. Is it possible for gingival fibers to regenerate after scaling?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

No, you are not right in this case, gingival tissue regenerates as do others except the nerve fibers, if an injury takes place. Dental scaling is good for the heath of gums and should be employed after every six months. If you have a gingival recession, that cannot be because of oral prophylaxis (scaling). So do not worry. The attachment will happen within days.

| 

I have receding and weak gums. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue regarding my gums. For the past few days, I have been feeling that my gums are becoming weak and thin as they are leaving my teeth and going down from my teeth. I want to say that a part of the teeth which is hidden under gum is showing. I am a smoker and I am already tr...  Read Full »

Is it a good idea to have filling material applied to receding gumline?

Query: Hello doctor, Is having a filling material applied to the gumline where it is receding a good solution? What are the risks with such a procedure? I have receding gums on three upper teeth and three lower teeth on the left. I have no pain or problems. I have all my teeth and they are generally healt...  Read Full »