Answered by Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answered by Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

My partner bled heavily after 3 years of menopause. What to do?

Hi doctor,

This is on behalf of my partner. She is 51 and has been through the menopause. She has not had a period in 3 years. Last week, she bled quite heavy for a few days. A duty doctor told her to get a blood test done. She had the blood test done today. My partner did not tell the family history of cervical cancer in her mother to the duty doctor on the phone or to the person taking her bloods today. My question is, is the blood testing enough to rule out anything serious? Or should she see a doctor for an internal examination?

26 Feb 2024 - 1 min read

My regular medicines affect my erection. How to improve this?

Hello doctor,

I am 60 years old. I am physically fit and I jog almost 3 to 4 km daily. I am a vegetarian. I have a business of my own. I have undergone angioplasty before 20 years and open heart surgery six years before. But, I am an active person with slim body. My height is 165 cm and weight is 60 kg. My waist is 31 inches.

I have been on medication since my open heart surgery and I was prescribed Olmezest 20, Ecosprin AV 75/20 and Concor 2.5. I am not taking any medicine for the last six months, because I thought that they are affecting my sexual power. But, I find no improvement after stopping the tablets.

My problem is that I am not able to hold myself and enjoy sexual pleasure. Sometimes, I do not get an erection at all and I just ejaculate in a few seconds. I think that I need some medical advice as I still want to enjoy sexual pleasure. I have never tried Viagra.

Please advise what I should do and whom I should consult ?

23 Feb 2024 - 1 min read

Can tubal blockage cause infertility?

Hi doctor,

I am 33 years old. For the past six months I am suffering from primary infertility, PCOS and diagnostic laparoscopy tubal block at right isthmus. Also, laboratory tests like Mantoux (positive), HBsAg (positive), ANA (positive) and LFT raised tests are done. The IUI done twice and my current medication is Metformin and Folic acid. Please suggest me.

21 Feb 2024 - 1 min read

Can an ingrown hair become infected and cause severe pain?

Hello doctor,

Initially, I thought I had an ingrown hair on my butt. Over the next few days, I tried to squeeze the area, and some pus came out. I applied antibiotic ointment and took a bath with Epsom salt. I also used some Ichthammol ointment on it, but none of these remedies worked.

Before this happened, I had worn a new pair of tight jeans, which led me to believe it was an ingrown hair. However, the area now feels hard, and because I squeezed it, it has grown. It looks like there may be two or more hard cyst areas, but I do not see any signs of an ingrown hair follicle.

The area is now approximately four inches long, red, hot, hard, and extremely painful.

Should I seek medical attention from a local doctor?

Thank you.

20 Feb 2024 - 1 min read

How to cure ringworm?

Hi doctor,

I have ringworm in my thigh area for the last four months. It is itching very badly. What shall do to get it cured completely? My age is 42 and my weight is 180 pounds . I am currently on Terbinafine 250 mg, Candiforce 100 mg and Clocip powder. Please help.

16 Feb 2024 - 1 min read




Internal Medicine

Specialized Treatments

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.