Q. I am suffering from abdominal pain with cramps. Why?

Dr. Philip Shenouda
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

As of now, I experience abdominal pain with cramps in the lower right of my abdomen. What could be the problem?

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

This could be as simple as digestive problems with gaseous distention. It requires medications for indigestion or gaseous distention like Charcoal tablets, passing by symptoms of gastroenteritis. If diarrhea and vomiting develop, food poisoning is one of the reasons as well. Also, it can be a kidney or ureter problem (stone or salts). This site can suggest acute appendicitis as well, which should be dealt with as an emergency. In all circumstances, I recommend a visit to your general physician or internal medicine specialist for further history taking, clinical examination, and evaluation.

Visit your doctor for further evaluation.

What is the reason for abdomen pain and poor appetite?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an unmarried 35-year-old male. It all started last month when I experienced mid-epigastric pain one fine morning. I took some pain relievers and got rid of that. Then, after almost a week, I got lower back pain on the right side suddenly one morning, then, upper back pain middle ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scans are suggestive of a systemic disorder rather than a focal lesion, and they perfectly correlate with your symptoms. Please send your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) levels. For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://icli...  Read Full

I am having left lower abdomen pain when I move or stretch. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I have gas problem for the past three days. Since day before yesterday night, I have started to experience some pain in the left lower abdomen whenever I stretch or move. The pain is very dull and present whenever there is a movement. Please suggest what it could...  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the left lower abdomen is usually related to the digestive tract. Pain in that area worsens on moving may be due to diverticulitis. So, you need to go to the hospital to have an ultrasound done to make sure if you have diverticulitis or not. Then, take antibiotics...  Read Full

Why are there strong abdominal cramps in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I keep having strong cramp like feelings. I am 37 weeks pregnant. I do not know if it is an upset stomach or actual contractions. What is the best thing to do or how can I tell?  Read Full >>

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Monitor this cramping by holding or placing your hand on top of your abdomen. Differentiate the feeling and softness of the abdomen when you feel the cramping versus when you do not have the cramps. The actual labor cramps would feel like a menstrual pain accompanied by...  Read Full