Q. I have a pain in the center of my lower abdomen, and my BP is slightly elevated. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 31, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 53 years old and 6 feet tall. I had pain about an inch from the center of my lower abdomen for a few weeks. I thought it might be from too many sodas. I cut down to just a few this weekend. I did not eat any fried food either. I felt much better. But the next day, I felt a little pain. It was still better than it had been. This morning I woke up feeling much worse. I stayed home from work and tried lying down, but it got worse. I have no fever but slightly elevated blood pressure on 131/93. My face feels flushed or hot, and I have had a headache. I had excessive blood in my stool two weeks ago. The issue has made me feel weaker. I am currently taking Seroquel and Hydrocodone for arthritis and back problems.



Welcome to icliniq.com.Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from abdominal pain. Abdominal pain may result from acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer disease (PUD), gallstones, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, UTI (urinary tract infections), pancreatitis, constipation, etc.

Treatment depends on the causes. You should undergo some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), complete urine examination, USG (ultrasonography) of W/A (whole abdomen), endoscopy of the upper GIT (gastrointestinal tract), barium swallow test, etc., to find out the exact cause for the abdominal pain and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can take Visceralgin (Tiemonium Methylsulphate), Domperidone, and Lansoprazole to reduce your abdominal pain.

In case of any other query, ask me.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest a solution for GERD and rumbling stomach.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. From the last few days, I am suffering from GERD. I feel something is stuck in my throat and even if I take water this feeling never goes. Also, I feel a loud sound in my stomach before and after lunch and formations of gas. I took Reblet D, Eristozyme tables and Su...  Read Full »

I had high blood pressure and low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction?

Query: Hi doctor,I had high blood pressure, low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction? I have no chest pain. At the time of ECG, my blood pressure was 168/100 and heart beat 46.  Read Full »

Can IBS cause lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I ha...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.