Q. Manometry shows weakness halfway down the esophagus. What could it be?

I have had dysphagia for a few months. My endoscopy and barium swallow had been normal.

The manometry showed weakness halfway down the esophagus. The pH test for 24 hours showed GERD.

I tried eating a burger, and every bite of it got stuck. After that, I had a hoarse voice for a while.

What is causing this if all tests are normal? I have attached the reports for your reference.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The manometry and pH (potential of hydrogen) tests are not normal.

The pH shows a gastroesophageal reflux and the manometry shows some weakness in the mid esophagus.

You need to take antireflux medications and make some dietary and lifestyle changes to overcome the problem. That should help. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

If with those measures, the problem does not resolve then we can do a CT (computed tomography) scan to see if there is any other pathology.

For more information consult an ENT Otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|