Q. I get a slight pain in the right lower abdomen while sitting for a long time. Is this appendicitis?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2020

I am 44 years old. I think I have appendicitis. Last month, I got a slight pain in my right lower abdomen. I do not have pain when I sleep. But, I only feel slight pain while sitting and doing work. What should I do? Is this appendicitis? Is there any tablet or medicine for this? Please suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from light pain in the right lower abdomen for the last month.

Lower abdominal pain may arise from various reasons such as abdominal muscle strains or sprains due to long time sitting, cholecystitis, urinary tract infections, diverticulitis, appendicitis, pancreatitis, constipation, kidney stones, etc.

So it would help if you underwent some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), CT (computed tomography) abdomen, urine R/M/E, USG (ultrasound) of W/A, etc., to find out the exact underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can take Tiemonium, Domperidone, Lansoprazole, and Lactulose in case of any constipation.

Out of these four tablets, which tablet should I take? How many times in a day? And for how many days?

#

You can take the medications as follows:-

1. Tablet Buscopan 1+1+1 (after meal) in case of abdominal pain.

2. Capsule Rabifast DSR (20/30) 1+0+0 (before meal) for 15 days.

3. Syrup Cadilose solution five to six teaspoons at night, in case of constipation.

Hopefully, the mentioned medications will help to subside your present sufferings.

|