Q. I get a slight pain in the right lower abdomen while sitting for a long time. Is this appendicitis?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2020

I am 44 years old. I think I have appendicitis. Last month, I got a slight pain in my right lower abdomen. I do not have pain when I sleep. But, I only feel slight pain while sitting and doing work. What should I do? Is this appendicitis? Is there any tablet or medicine for this? Please suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from light pain in the right lower abdomen for the last month.

Lower abdominal pain may arise from various reasons such as abdominal muscle strains or sprains due to long time sitting, cholecystitis, urinary tract infections, diverticulitis, appendicitis, pancreatitis, constipation, kidney stones, etc.

So it would help if you underwent some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), CT (computed tomography) abdomen, urine R/M/E, USG (ultrasound) of W/A, etc., to find out the exact underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can take Tiemonium, Domperidone, Lansoprazole, and Lactulose in case of any constipation.

Out of these four tablets, which tablet should I take? How many times in a day? And for how many days?

#

You can take the medications as follows:-

1. Tablet Buscopan 1+1+1 (after meal) in case of abdominal pain.

2. Capsule Rabifast DSR (20/30) 1+0+0 (before meal) for 15 days.

3. Syrup Cadilose solution five to six teaspoons at night, in case of constipation.

Hopefully, the mentioned medications will help to subside your present sufferings.

| 

What could be the reason for occasional spasms above the lips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a muscle spasm above my lip on the left side. It is a rapid vibration that I can see when I look in the mirror and feel when I touch the affected area. I do not experience any pain when the spasms are happening and I can still talk, smile, and otherwise move m...  Read Full »

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have UTI because of sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came posi...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now