I am getting lower right side abdomen pain while walking and standing for a long time. Kindly advice.

Q. I get abdomen pain while walking and standing for a long time. Please help.

Dr. Abeer
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2023

I am 31 years old 5ft 11" in height and weight 24 stone. I have been getting lower right side abdomen pain for the past few months, and it usually starts after walking or standing for a long time. Today the pain has got worse, and I also have lower back pain. I suffered from Crohn's disease and had a bowel resection seven years ago, but currently, I remission and my Crohn's consultant does not think this problem is related.

I also have a problem with passing urine, as it takes me ages to go and have to strain or sometimes rock and also will sometimes stop mid flow and have to strain to continue. I am worried as the pain become worse this evening.

#

Your history suggests the relationship between Crohn's disease and lower right abdominal pain. Gut resection causes this kind of symptom as the overall function is compromised. A post-surgical follow-up visit to the surgeon would be helpful to see whether urinary bladder or ureters were involved. I will suggest you make a post-surgical follow-up with the surgeon and a gastroenterologist for Crohn's disease follow-up. Consult with an orthopedic doctor for osteoarthritis and calcium, and vitamin D supplements. Bone pains in osteoarthritis occur due to condition itself and also due to calcium and vitamin D insufficiency.If any X-ray of abdomen and neck you have, please send me.

|