Q. I get abdomen pain while walking and standing for a long time. Please help.

Dr. Abeer
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am 31 years old 5ft 11" in height and weight 24 stone. I have been getting lower right side abdomen pain for the past few months, and it usually starts after walking or standing for a long time. Today the pain has got worse, and I also have lower back pain. I suffered from Crohn's disease and had a bowel resection seven years ago, but currently, I remission and my Crohn's consultant does not think this problem is related.

I also have a problem with passing urine, as it takes me ages to go and have to strain or sometimes rock and also will sometimes stop mid flow and have to strain to continue. I am worried as the pain become worse this evening.

Dr. Abeer

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Your history suggests the relationship between Crohn's disease and lower right abdominal pain. Gut resection causes this kind of symptom as the overall function is compromised. A post-surgical follow-up visit to the surgeon would be helpful to see whether urinary bladder or ureters were involved. I will suggest you make a post-surgical follow-up with the surgeon and a gastroenterologist for Crohn's disease follow-up. Consult with an orthopedic doctor for osteoarthritis and calcium, and vitamin D supplements. Bone pains in osteoarthritis occur due to condition itself and also due to calcium and vitamin D insufficiency.If any X-ray of abdomen and neck you have, please send me.

Is my lower abdominal pain pointing towards Crohn's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I had severe abdominal pain with diarrhea a month back. The next day pain subsided, but slight discomfort was there for two weeks. Then, I went to see the doctor who prescribed Flagyl and Rifamixin. The lower abdominal discomfort did not disappear and the stool has not formed yet. Then r...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for Crohn's disease.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I have an early stage of Crohn's disease. Do you have treatment for Crohn's disease? Is it a curable disease?  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »