Q. Can ultrasound detect my uterus abnormality?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am a 41 year old woman. I am suffering from cramping pain and bleeding after sex. I get an intermediate white or yellow discharge from breasts. I have an oily skin, facial hair growth and acne. I had prolactin test done and it was found to be normal. Before 10 years, I also had a prolactinoma and that has been resolved by taking Dostinex. I had an ablation done eight years ago.

Before four years, my periods completely stopped and I noticed that I was not ovulating. Before two years, I consulted an endocrinologist, as my oily skin and acne were horrid. I also had weight gain and cramping. The blood test was done as I did not know my cycle and was found to be normal. The doctor suggested it as perimenopause and advised to use birth control. I started it and using it for the past two years. My current medications are Spiractin and Diane. This week I went to the GP and she had suggested an ultrasound. My previous endocrinologist never suggested an ultrasound, but diagnosed only with blood test results. Can the abnormalities get detected through ultrasound?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like you have a severe infection and requires treatment.
  • I suggest you consult your gynecologist for a checkup as bleeding post intercourse is not normal.
  • I also advice plenty of fluids, wear cotton panties and loose lowers.
  • Wash your private parts every time after using the washroom. Avoid using vaginal douches and creams.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can I know if it looks like polycystic ovaries as my ovaries hurt and I see one ovary has 10 cysts on one side? I have very oily skin and strange facial hair growth. How is the infection seen on the ultrasound and what is the cause?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The irregular lining inside the uterus is usually because of infection or other uterine abnormalities, which can be ruled out.
  •  The cysts of the ovary needed to be evaluated further using a 3D scan, which can predict better.
  • I suggest you thyroid profile to be done, as usually the facial hair growth and weight gain is related to thyroid disorders.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|