Q. I bled abnormally along with pelvic pain. Why?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I had unprotected sex a month ago, but I used I-pill. Also, I had my period two weeks ago. Yesterday morning, when I went to the restroom, I bled a lot. It was not a normal bleeding and it was abundant. Also, I have pelvic pain and started to have lower stomach pain. Does that mean I am pregnant? I am 20 years old now. I had a home pregnancy test and it was negative.

#

• Yes, there are chances that you might be pregnant and might be aborting.
  • Please get a serum beta hCG test (human chorionic gonadotropin) done. It is a blood test to detect pregnancy. Also, get an ultrasound done to see if the uterus is completely evacuated or not.
  • I suggest tablet Tranexamic acid 500 mg one tablet three times a day for five days, tablet Methergine (Methylergometrine) one tablet three times a day for the bleeding and tablet Mefenamic acid 500 mg one tablet three times a day for three days for pain.
  • Please note that the medications are for symptomatic relief and the investigations mentioned above must be done. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Incomplete abortion.

1. Serum beta hCG.
2. Ultrasound lower abdomen.

Hypothyroidism.

Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|