Q. Is one dose of Mifepristone fine for abortion?

Dr. Sonal Prasad

I am a five-week pregnant woman who wanted to do an abortion with tablet Mifepristone. Will one dose of Mifepristone tablet help for my abortion? Please help.

#

No one dose of Mifepristone will not lead to complete abortion. It will lead to incomplete abortion. To have full and safe abortion medically, get an ultrasound early pregnancy done to see for the presence of cardiac activity (doses differ with presence and absence of cardiac activity) and also tell us whether you have had previous cesarean or abortion. Please do not take the medication without the test and in some random dose as it can cause immediate and long term complications. Review with USG report and history asked so that we can prescribe your regimen best suited for you.

Unwanted pregnancy.

Usg early pregnancy for cardiac activity.

MTP by drugs.

Routine contraception.

|