Q. How can we manage the pain and bleeding after taking Mifegest kit?

Dr. Tara Devi

My relative has taken Mifegest kit. How will she handle the heavy bleeding? Is there any medicine to reduce the pain and heavy bleeding?

#

After taking Mifegest Kit (Mifepristone with Misoprostol), it is normal to have pain and bleeding. If she is one to two months pregnant, she will have heavy bleeding for two to three days with the passage of products of conception followed by minimal bleeding for a week. If she is more than two months pregnant, she may have heavy bleeding for a week also. It is advisable to take medicine under the supervision of a doctor to avoid complications. She can take tablet Hyocimax MF (Hyoscine butylbromide with Mefenamic acid) three times daily for pain. Take tablet Pause 500 mg (Tranexamic acid) three times daily for heavy bleeding. Consult your gynecologist if she develops problems.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|