Q. Would papaya and long distance travel result in abortion?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 7 weeks pregnant and I want to terminate it. Please suggest me some natural methods.

#

Yes, there are medical methods available which could be availed under a doctor's supervision only.

This is an abortion kit containing one Mifegest (Mifepristone) tablet 200 mg to be taken orally and 4 Misoprostol 200 mcg to be inserted per vagina after 48 hours of taking the Mifegest. You may have a bleeding per vagina just like your cycle.

This is a prescription medicine as well as there are some chances of more bleeding per vagina, which you have to keep it in your mind.

Just get in touch with your doctor if there are rare chances of excessive bleeding as you may need a surgical evacuation at that time.

This method is applicable up to 7 weeks only and if you have to adopt it, do not delay further.

Ultrasonography (USG) after 15 days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is there any method other than medicines?

#

• There are two scientific options available for terminating pregnancy up to 7 weeks. The first one is with medicine, which I have described you. The second one is a surgical process, that means extraction of your fetus by suction.
  • Both of these methods are safe, secure and without any obvious complications.
  • Other so called natural methods of taking different fruits, inserting vegetables or herbs are not only ineffective, but also could cause emergency situation, which I strongly discourage. These practices are obsolete also in today's scientific world.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I read on the internet that taking Aspirin several times a day will give the result. Is it true?

#

• First of all Aspirin is a medicine and not so called anything natural one.
  • Secondly, yes. There are certain myths about Aspirin, which you could find on the internet sources world. But, Aspirin has no such potentiality.
  • On the contrary, we prescribe patients with high risk pregnancies to start Aspirin to protect their pregnancies from a loss.

I want the natural method as I am getting scared of those two methods suggested by you. If I follow the first method will I get any pain? If I take papaya continuously and travel to long places change anything?

#

• Papaya with a long distance travel would result nothing. These ancient things were experienced for a long time and found of no use. Believe me, as I am dealing this issue for last ten years.
  • Yes, there may be a little pain with bleeding in medical methods of abortion due to contraction of the uterus. But, in any case, you will have it. You have no such option of avoiding this minimal pain.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|