Q. Is the cut by the side of penis a herpes infection?

Published on Mar 24, 2018

I have cut by the side of my penis and I do not know where it came from. I found when there was a little pain there. I was wondering if this is herpes. I last got oral sex a few months ago.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

This is not herpes. This is just irritation induced cuts (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to apply Abzorb (Clotrimazole) powder two times a day for a week. Keep the area dry. Also, please upload a clear picture of the same.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

So, it is not herpes? Because I was getting worried thinking it is an outbreak. Plus do you know what these spots on the bottom half of thigh are?

#

I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Herpes will have vesicles or fluid-filled small blisters or small rounded ulcers but not as a cut. This is a typical site for irritation dermatitis and cuts. Regarding your other picture, it is a fungal infection which is quite common. So you apply Abzorb powder there as well. If there is no relief after a week, then you need to apply some other antifungal like Terbinafine ointment twice a day.

| 

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

My face is burnt after using bleach. Please suggest some cream.

Query: Hi doctor, I used bleach on my face two months back, and my face is burnt due to this. My skin is peeling now, and I cannot use any cream or soap, as it starts burning. I had been to the dermatologist, and he gave me Emolene and Eumosone. I have been using it from past 1.5 months, but the results ar...  Read Full »