Q. My face is burnt after using bleach. Please suggest some cream.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 23, 2019

I used bleach on my face two months back, and my face is burnt due to this. My skin is peeling now, and I cannot use any cream or soap, as it starts burning. I had been to the dermatologist, and he gave me Emolene and Eumosone. I have been using it from past 1.5 months, but the results are slow. Please suggest some cream or ointment, which will heal my skin fast, as I have a family function this week.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Use of strong cosmetics and bleaches does affect the natural look of the skin. In a few people with sensitive skin, it does lead to irritant dermatitis. The essential step in the management of such a situation is adequate sun protection. Sun exposure only further worsens the situation by leading to burns, redness, and pigmentation.

I would advise you try using a good sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, daily in the mornings immediately after a bath. Also, preferably avoid sun exposure between 11 AM to 3 PM. Kindly upload appropriate images of your current skin condition, so that I can suggest what other creams you would need based on present situation.

I suggest you try using the following after consulting your specialist doctor.

1. Photostable 30 lotion or Face guard 30 SPF daily in the morning.
  2. Acnemoist cream (Pentavitin) daily at bedtime.
  3. Tablet Antoxid HC (antioxidants) once daily after lunch for two weeks.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Nutraceuticals: The Need of the Day

Article Overview: This article aims to familiarize patients with the importance of taking antioxidants (commonly known as vitamins and minerals) in their day to day life and preventing many lifestyle diseases. Read Article

Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan
Preventive Medicine Physician

Being a homeopathic doctor, there are very few methods of treatment that attract my attention, speaking of it, after going through some of them thoroughly, in my capacity. What attracted my attention recently is the study of theories of free radicals and antioxidants. The whole purpose of writing th...  Read Article

I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.

Query: Hello Doctor, I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.  Read Full »

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full »