Q. What can cause foul smelling dark patch on forehead?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I have a dark patch on my forehead which smells bad. For this, I have tried laser treatment as well. But, it did not work. Please help.

#

• I need to know few more details to give you a beneficial treatment plan.
  • Since how long you have the patch? Is there any pain, burning or itching sensation?
  • When and which laser you underwent and for how many session?
  • Please do send clear photos of that area along with the investigation report.

Revert back with the information asked above to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

It has been there for almost a year. There is no pain or itching sensation. I am not aware of the name of the laser treatment. I have attached my photos for your detailed information.

#

• By looking into the photographs (attachment removed to protect patients identity), this condition is going in favor of acanthosis nigricans.
  • Seven to eight laser treatments are necessary to get it cured.
  • It is an obesity disorder and main cause of this is insulin resistance.
  • Do maintain your weight and keep a check on your blood sugar level, if not this condition can worsen quickly.
  • Mix and apply Melrio cream (combination of Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Fluticasone propionate) along with LacSoft cream (Ammonium lactate) once at night daily.

Revert back after one month to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|