Q. What can cause foul smelling dark patch on forehead?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I have a dark patch on my forehead which smells bad. For this, I have tried laser treatment as well. But, it did not work. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• I need to know few more details to give you a beneficial treatment plan.
  • Since how long you have the patch? Is there any pain, burning or itching sensation?
  • When and which laser you underwent and for how many session?
  • Please do send clear photos of that area along with the investigation report.

Revert back with the information asked above to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

It has been there for almost a year. There is no pain or itching sensation. I am not aware of the name of the laser treatment. I have attached my photos for your detailed information.

#

• By looking into the photographs (attachment removed to protect patients identity), this condition is going in favor of acanthosis nigricans.
  • Seven to eight laser treatments are necessary to get it cured.
  • It is an obesity disorder and main cause of this is insulin resistance.
  • Do maintain your weight and keep a check on your blood sugar level, if not this condition can worsen quickly.
  • Mix and apply Melrio cream (combination of Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Fluticasone propionate) along with LacSoft cream (Ammonium lactate) once at night daily.

Revert back after one month to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please suggest a cure for dark skin around pubic region.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have type 1 diabetes for the past seven years. I am using Insulin pump with Novo Rapid insulin for 4 years now. From the past six months, the skin around my pubic region is becoming dark. It is not itchy, but it is dark compared to the whole body complexion...  Read Full »

Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my severe hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14 year old female. My height is 5'5", and I weigh about 140 pounds. I experience extreme pain in my hip. It is difficult for me to walk or climb stairs. Also, it keeps me awake at night. Please help.  Read Full »