Q. What does my father's echo report indicate?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

My father had an echo test. The report says 'Mildly dilated LA. Normal LV size, with moderately reduced function. Mild MR. LVDD II'. What does it mean?

#

Did he have any chest pain or heart attack in the past, or is he diabetic?

To summarize the report, it says there is a decreased functioning of the heart, which most commonly occurs due to coronary artery disease or sometimes due to the weakening of the heart muscle.

So, he should get his evaluation done, ECG (electrocardiogram), lipid profile, sugars both fasting and post lunch, and angiography.

He should be on medicine to prevent further decline in the heart functions which includes Aspirin, Clopidogrel, statins like Atorvastatin, beta blockers like Metoprolol, ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor like Ramipril, and diuretics like Spironolactone, etc.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|