Q. I am suffering from acid reflux, digestion, throat pain, vomiting and depression. What to do?

Dr. Talal Hussain
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 20, 2019

I am having problems with acid reflux, digestion, occasionally mild pain in the throat, feeling like vomiting, and depression. What could it be?

Dr. Talal Hussain

Internal Medicine
#

I see your problems at two different disorders. First is related to stomach and second is similar to depression. Both of the issues are interconnected. Firstly you have the problem of acid reflux, digestion issues, feeling like vomiting (nausea) and this is causing the mild pain in the throat if the acid reflex is too much. For this issue, I would suggest taking, cap Omeprazole 20 mg one capsule 30 minutes before breakfast daily for seven day

This medication will help improve the acid reflux, feeling of vomiting, and throat pain. Secondly, depression is a common cause of stomach problem. I want to suggest you visit a psychiatrist who will see the requirement of medication or you might need evaluation by a psychologist for counseling. Without taking care of depression, your stomach problem might not resolve completely. I hope this answers your question. In case you need any further help, feel free to contact us.

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have explained are right. If you have acid reflux problem and in your case, it looks like there is too much of acid refluxing in your mouth from the stomach. This acid can erode your teeth making the enamel thin due to loss of minerals. I have common...  Read Full

Why does my throat hurt after singing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a new singer. Last week, I sang a lengthy song without warm up. In the evening, I had severe throat pain. I gave voice rest, but still I have some sensitivity in my throat. I feel quite tired always. Is this because of vocal strain? I also have tonsils. My throat feels uncomfortable...  Read Full >>

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from vocal strain and a mild throat infection. You always feel tired due to this infection. Whenever you suffer from any throat infection, it causes a strain on your voice. As you also sang without any warm up, your throat could not handle ...  Read Full