Q. I feel like something is stuck in my throat associated with acidity. Kindly advice.

Dr. Jennifer Schwartz, Md
Published on Jun 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 07, 2019

I feel like something is stuck in my throat from two months, and I also have the problem of food coming in the mouth sometimes, and acidity. When I went to the doctor, he recommended Pantoprazole after which I had little relief, but not so much. Please prescribe me something better.

Dr. Jennifer Schwartz, Md

#

Have you been back to your doctor after he recommended Pantoprazole? I think that you need to have an upper endoscopy to look at your esophagus and what is causing this problem. It sounds like you may have a Zenker's diverticulum. This is an outpouching of the lining of the esophagus. There are treatment options for this, but you have to Consult a gastroenterologist who may be able to fix the problem through the endoscopy. I hope this information is helpful.

| 

How to get rid of acidity caused due to taking spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, I eat out a lot and take junk food very frequently. I am suffering from acidity now. If I take spicy food, I feel uneasiness in my stomach. I am a 25 year old male. Please help.  Read Full »

Is tablet Pansec increasing my father's creatinine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform ...  Read Full »

Is using Pantoprazole with Cutein in acne patients effective?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne for around five years. Now I am using Cutein tablets. I suddenly got a burning sensation in my stomach. So, now I am using Pantoprazole tablets along with Cutein. Is that effective or injurious?  Read Full »