Q. I have acne. Can I use Pantoprazole with Cutein?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
Published on Jun 21, 2019

I have acne for around five years. Now I am using Cutein tablets. I suddenly got a burning sensation in my stomach. So, now I am using Pantoprazole tablets along with Cutein. Is that effective or injurious?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

#

Cutein tablet contains Iron as one of the ingredients, along with some other vitamins. The iron tablets can give increased acid in the stomach and indigestion. But, if you take both Cutein and Pantoprazole tablets together, the iron will not get absorbed. Therefore, first take Cutein tablet on empty stomach in the morning, and then 30 minutes later take Pantoprazole.

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full

I am anemic even after taking iron supplements. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of anemia. I have been taking iron supplements prescribed by my doctor for the past few months. After a while, I had an appointment, and my doctor said that I am still very anemic. A few years ago, I had an eating problem. I was overeating, but I did not gain weight. Is t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are taking supplements regularly then either you do not have iron deficiency anemia, or you are having ongoing blood loss either in periods or stools. The first thing is to get peripheral smear test, and serum iron studies were done. It will let us know whether yo...  Read Full

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full >>

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitamin D deficiency you need to take capsule Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for six weeks. Vitamin D is necessary for our body for general health and for calcium absorption into our body. So, indirectly it helps to maintain bone health. Vitamin D is synthe...  Read Full