Q. I have some acne and dark acne marks. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Arunima Dhabal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 03, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I had acne. It has gone now, but it left some marks. What should I do to clear it? And what should I use on the active acne?

#

I have seen the image you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Currently, you have quite a few active acne lesions, along with some spots from the previous acne. So I will suggest you take an oral antibiotic course for a month to reduce the breakout at present and use a cream that will help with the spots. Apart from this, you should also follow a few instructions to avoid dark spots after the pimples heal.

Inflammatory acne.

Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg once daily after dinner for four weeks, Azelaic acid 20% cream/gel to be applied on the acne spots as well as active acne in a very small amount, once daily at bedtime for four weeks. Use Lactic acid containing face wash (Eg: Acnelak) twice daily
and Sunscreen (Eg: Episoft AC cream) daily at 10 AM and 1 PM.

Avoid picking the pimples or popping them. Avoid heavy cosmetic use and using thick oily creams on the face.

Follow up after four weeks.

|