Q. How to get rid of my pimple problem due to PCOS completely?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

I am suffering from acne on my face, back, and front chest area. Last year it was only on my face because of PCOS, but this time it grew more in my back and front. Please help me to treat it as soon as possible as it is very stressful. I am currently on Krimson 35, and I have done an ultrasound and blood tests.

#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

As you mentioned, you have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), which is the underlying cause of acne. As you are taking Krimson (Ethinylestradiol), that will really help control the initial flare of acne that you are getting. We need to start you on a short course of antibiotics and one cream and then one tablet to provide a long term relief. As we do not get the option of uploading the prescription here on free query, I will not be able to prescribe the antibiotic here.

Apply Brevoxyl creamy wash on the back and chest half an hour before bath in small quantity for 15 days. Do not apply this on the face. I would suggest you to take phone or video consultation appointment so I can provide you a prescription of antibiotics and assess you in a better way.

I will consult you again but before that I just wanted to ask you one thing that will these antibiotics and tablets solve my acne and PCOS problem for ever or not? Or will it be only possible if I take medicine for lifetime because I want to get rid of this problem? Please help.

#

I understand your concern. No these antibiotics will be for a short course to control the initial flare of acne. Then I will start you on a few tablets and cream to keep your acne under control.

See as you have PCOD, you are prone to develop acne due to hormonal imbalance. So I will start you on one low dose antiandrogen tablet for a long term to keep the acne under control but frankly, no medicine can solve your problem of acne forever. Your acne will definitely reduce significantly but you might get one or two acne in the future also. But this hormonal imbalance will mostly resolve after pregnancy.

|